Printer Friendly Version
Category: Other Categories
We are seeking experienced care-givers for full or part time work to provide a high level of personal advocacy to help our less independent clients stay at home.
If you have experience providing care to children, the elderly or the disabled and can work flexible hours then we are interested in meeting with you.
We can offer training and support in field. This role requires compassionate, intuitive individuals who are interested in people and their well-being.
Your objective is to deliver safe day to day care in the client’s own home. Duties and hours will be varied according to the needs of the client and are not limited to:
- Providing a safe environment for clients with conditions which may impair their judgement, memory and mobility
- Assisting with the safe dispensing of medication
- Grocery shopping, preparation with meals; which may require organizing and preparing complex meals
- Providing overnight respite as needed
- Administering first aid including CPR
- Providing assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
- Attending to laundry and light housework
- Providing companionship - organizing and facilitating trips to Church, visiting friends or doctor, etc.
- Managing the day according to the client’s energy levels and temperament. Documenting daily activities and any adverse events