Printer Friendly Version
Senior Analyst - Insurance Supervision
Category: Insurance / Reinsurance
Our Client is seeking the services of a skilled and capable individual to work as Senior Analyst in our Insurance Supervision Department. The Senior Analyst reports to the Principal and will be part of a team of professionals responsible for regulatory supervision activities, including monitoring Insurers performance, analyzing regulatory reporting and undertaking appropriate supervisory actions in accordance with legislation.
In this key role, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking reviews of prudential and financial filings by regulated insurance entities to evaluate compliance with existing laws, regulations, policies, codes, plans and procedures and preparing reports for discussion and action;
- Performing technical reviews and analysis on more complex commercial or technical areas;
- Developing plans and executing on-site reviews and prudential meetings with insurance entities;
- Monitoring insurance entities for compliance by review, analysis and timely direct follow up with company representatives;
- Reviewing documents, reports, and recommendations from analytical staff on regulatory or operational matters, and where appropriate determining the appropriate course of action.
- Providing advice and senior level technical support to regulatory or operational teams.
- Working as part of the Insurance Supervision team to achieve departmental objectives.
- Performing other related work and special projects as assigned by management.
This position requires a proven technical and business background and therefore:
- Candidates must have a Bachelorís Degree or equivalent qualification in a financial. accounting, or insurance discipline from a recognized institution or professional body;
- A minimum of seven (5) years relevant graduate experience, working within a the financial services industry, preferably in General Insurance/Reinsurance and/or Long Term Insurance, or as a financial services regulator;
- Experience conducting or participating in onsite reviews, forensic accounting reviews, investigations or inspections would be beneficial.
- Experience in the evaluation of corporate governance structures, risk management frameworks and/or internal controls;
- Must be willing to work outside normal business hours if required.
Type of Position: Permanent
Posting Date: 28/06/2012 Closing Date:28/07/2012