Printer Friendly Version
Category: Insurance / Reinsurance
Perform and lead a team responsible for regulatory supervision activity including monitoring Insurers performance, analyzing regulatory reporting and undertaking appropriate supervisory actions in line with legislation and/or strategic business goals.
- Undertake on-site reviews and analysis of selected business and their respective capital models by utilizing various risk assessment methodologies to evaluate compliance with existing laws, regulations, policies, plans and procedures and/or identify risk issues and formulate reports on findings for submission and discussion with management.
- Develop agenda, schedule and attend prudential meetings with financial entities to discuss findings of review, minute discussions/decisions and develop corrective action plan as appropriate.
- Reviews documents/reports/recommendations from staff on regulatory or operational matters and determines appropriate course of action.
- Undertake projects utilizing skills that relate to meeting the departments supervisory and regulatory responsibilities.
- Monitor the market with specific focus on developments in the insurance industry (local and international), regulatory bodies/regimes, accounting standards as well as market information on insurance companies via monitoring of key indicators, newspapers, periodicals, media and relevant websites.
- Monitor identified Companies with compliance issues by review, memoranda and timely direct follow up with Company representatives.
- Review applications in accordance with existing legislation
- Perform other related work and special projects as assigned by senior management in accordance with competencies normally associated with the post.
- Participate in local and international meetings, conferences, seminars with other regulatory bodies, governmental agencies and the financial services industry.
- Perform other related work and special projects as assigned by management in accordance with competencies normally associated with the position.
- Provide first line leadership to assigned team, at the Analyst and Senior
- Acts as a senior level subject matter expert resource to the team(s).
- Monitor performance of individual team members and provide routine mentoring and feedback; prepare formal performance appraisal reports as prescribed by the performance management process.
- Identify training needs of employees and in conjunction with core competencies and L&D establish programmes for their development by way of formal training courses, special projects or on the job exposure.
Masters Degree or equivalent qualification in a financial or accounting discipline from a recognized institution or professional body
Minimum of seven (7) years relevant post graduate experience of which at least (3) years should be at a senior level working within a regulated financial services business, preferably in Insurance - General insurance and Long Term, or as a financial services regulator,
Experience conducting or participating in forensic investigations or inspections would be beneficial.
Type of Position: Temporary
Posting Date: 04/07/2012 Closing Date:04/08/2012