Retail Store Supervisor
Retail Store Manager Job Purpose:
Serves customers by providing merchandise, supervising staff.
Retail Store Manager Job Duties:
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
- Maintains Store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities, determining additional needed sales promotion, authorizing clearance sales, studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans, analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication.