We are seeking an energetic, qualified Assistant Manager, reporting directly to the General Manager, to manage the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, the AM will oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and bar; and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest services;
- Monitor and maintain the POS system, ensuring it is up-to-date with the menus;
- Develop and implement creative solutions to improve all areas, ensuring staff are upselling, etc.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labour costs;
- Assist with cash reconciliation at the end of the day, if required;
- Ensure that all registers are up to date with sufficient cash and make change orders at the bank, when necessary;
- Ensure that all personnel payroll information is completed and distributed to the payroll department on time.
Food Safety & Planning:
- Estimate beverage costs – order and keep a weekly inventory of liquor, wine and beer, including garnishes, juice, sodas and CO2 tanks – for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies;
- Assist with the planning of the cocktail menu;
- Assist with the purchasing and inventory of paper goods and cleaning products – reporting low stock to GM as necessary;
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas;
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, government laws and ordinances;
- Ensuring consistent, high quality of food preparation and service;
- Ensuring all staff in-service procedures are being adhered to;
- Maintain professional restaurant image including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Conduct daily and pre-shift meetings and reviewing sales with staff to ensure they understand where improvement has been gained and where it is required;
- Ensure staff sign-in procedures are being adhered to and staff are recording their correct time;
- Train staff in all departments, e.g. bussing, food running, serving and bartending;
- Create open and closing procedures for each FOH department and ensure these procedures are being adhered to, taking disciplinary action when not in compliance;
- Assist in all areas of the restaurant where there are staff constraints.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas – respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests;
- Solicit guest feedback to understand guest needs;
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- College degree in hospitality/hotel/restaurant management is desirable;
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Proficient in food and beverage planning, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures; personnel management, record keeping and preparation of reports;
- Must possess a valid drivers license;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Personable and self-disciplined with a neat, clean appearance;
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team;
- Ability to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommending appropriate solutions to issues that arise;
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and perform all functions at restaurant level.
This position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, repetitive hand and wrist motion, and lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds.
Hours may vary and the candidate must be willing to work normal restaurant hours, as required
Interested? Please submit your resume for the attention of Ibrahim, quoting reference 528.