Our Client is seeking an AVP to be responsible for acting as the primary connection between the ILS clients, service providers and internal resources.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a first point of contact for ILS clients in respect of underwriting, collateral management, reserving/claims, legal, and reporting matters, etc.
- Ensure proper execution of ILS transactions, including participation on an ad hoc basis in various large and complex ILS transactions such as fronted portfolios, loss portfolio transfers, cat bonds and collateralized notes, which involves direct contact with ILS clients, and various service providers.
- Management of transformer entities including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, preparation and presentations at client board meetings, and regulatory filings which includes but is not limited to preparing the Bermuda Statutory Capital Requirement (BSCR), Finance Condition Report (FCR) and Statutory Financial Return, supervise accounting for reinsurance contracts, oversee the annual audit of transformer vehicles
- Monitor the regulatory environment as well as the Company’s own risk management and compliance guidelines
Minimum desired skills, qualifications and experience include:
- CA, ACCA or CPA designation coupled with a minimum of 7 years of post-qualification experience
- A minimum of 5 years in a client facing role with ILS investment managers, in addition recent insurance management experience with an insurance manager or other insurance related entities
- Thorough understanding of reinsurance coverage, contracts and language, risk securitization concepts and relevant insurance legislation
- Experience working with large ILS clients and managing segregated accounts companies, ILS structures, and derivative transactions is required
- BMA regulatory compliance experience is required
- Insurance/reinsurance designation would be an asset
- Prior experience as a fund administrator working on complex NAV calculations would be an asset
- Strong computer skills, in particular excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, commitment to meet deadlines and ability to work on weekends and/or holidays when necessary
If this role is enticing to you, please submit your resume through our website, quoting Job Reference 449.