Our client is seeking a Senior Financial Accountant in the Reinsurance Operations team, reporting to the Reinsurance Operations Controller.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising the monthly interface to the integrated general ledger system;
- Monitoring of collateral requests to cedents;
- Developing specifications for reporting solutions needed to monitor results and trends;
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining account control procedures;
- Supporting the business customers of the Reinsurance Operations Team.
- Internationally recognised accounting designation – e.g. CA, ACCA or CPA;
- Minimum of 5 year’s post qualification experience in a reinsurance company and a public practice audit firm, with a minimum of 2 year’s in a similar role;
- Experience with capital market derivative products;
- Full and detailed knowledge of FSRS/US GAAP accounting rules;
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent working knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics and GENIUS;
- Proven experience providing leadership and supervision to others;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong work ethic, commitment to deadlines and ability to work on weekends and/or holidays, if required.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume, quoting reference 220 for the attention of Mr. Ibrahim Yousef and Ms. Wynter Dill.